Joe McCann RIP

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Marie LaFreniere

Joe McCann RIP

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

Joe passed away yesterday afternoon. My sympathies to his sister, Kathy Tidmore and brother, Jim McCann and the rest of the family. More information will be posted as it becomes available.
BobTidmore

Post by BobTidmore »

There will be a visitation at Winchester Funeral Home from 5:00 to 7:00 PM Tuesday with a Rosary at 7:00

A funeral Mass will be held at 11:00 AM at St. Mary's followed by burial at St. Mary's Cemetery.
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Joe was ways a good friend all the years I knew him. He spent a couple weeks or more on the island for many summers or you could always see him in Charlevoix. Fond farewell Joe!
Last edited by Gillespie on Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marie LaFreniere

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

Joseph Edwin McCann Jr., 66, of Charlevoix, passed away Friday, May 29, 2015, at McLaren Northern Michigan in Petoskey. He was born November 23, 1948, in Petoskey to Captain Joseph Edwin and Margaret â??Boweryâ?￾ (Gallagher) McCann. He was a life resident of Charlevoix.

Joe was employed by the Medusa Portland Cement Company for over twenty-five years. He was a member of Saint Mary's Church and the Charlevoix Rod and Gun Club. He was a life member of the NRA. Joe enjoyed riding motorcycles and belonged to the Loose Wheels Motorcycle Club. He was also a long time member of the Alano Club in Charlevoix.

He is survived by his sister, Kathryn (Robert) Tidmore of Beaver Island; brother, James O. McCann of New Orleans, La.; nieces and nephews, Anne (Jeff) Schramm, Brian (Jean Chi) Tidmore, Margaret (Rodney) Schreiner, Michael McCann; great-nieces and nephews, Jack, Joe, Caspian, and Abigail.

Visitation will be 5-7 pm, Tuesday, June 2, at the Winchester Funeral Home in Charlevoix, where the Rosary will be recited at 7 pm. Funeral mass will be 11 am, Wednesday, June 3, at Saint Mary's Church in Charlevoix, the Reverend Matthew Wigton officiating. Burial will follow in Saint Mary's Cemetery.

Memorial contributions may be made to the Charlevoix Alano Club, 106 Mason Street, Charlevoix, MI 49720.

Please sign Joe's guestbook at www.winchesterfuneralhome.com
MykeGall

Joe McCann

Post by MykeGall »

I remember my Cousin Joe from the many visits when we were kids growing up. He was always into something when we stayed at The McCann house on our way to Beaver Island for the summer. The last time we visited with him was sometime in the 90s. He told us about how things were going and how much fun he had out riding his motor cycle in the UP. He had some great adventures and really enjoyed the times. I will miss him as my brother Tom and I have just made plans to come up at the end of July around the 24th and go to the Island and this would have been a great time to see him again. Rest in peace Joe...rest in peace.