Municipal Airport Water Warning

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

sbsp

Post by sbsp »

K.A.Pike -
I said I would engage (meaning take part) in a dialog (conversation) with anyone (you) who believes that our elected or appointed officials (people representing taxpayers) do not have a responsibility to keep the public informed, so reluctantly (not really wanting to) I will respond to your rant.
If you are still with me, I will use small words and type slow for your benefit. Please refer to my original post at the top of this thread. Please read it a couple of times, once to yourself and once out loud. Now, my question was not whether there was a water issue at the municipal airport, the one we tax payers are paying for, but whether that information has been or should be conveyed to the public by the townships. Logically, I went to the websites set up to keep the public informed and there was no mention of a water issue under the board's or Airport Commission's entries. If fact, I could find no current entries for the Peaine Township Board for he last 6 - 12+ months. As a taxpayer, I find this lack of transparency and communication to the public unacceptable but I understand your standards differ from mine.
Now, before your attention span expires, read my reply made on this thread, Apr 7, 9:25am. "This issue is not about frozen pipes or a warning on a water tap." I believe that most people understood that this issue is about our townships being transparent with the public when it involves our safety and tax dollars. We do have a right to know. We are the ones who will have to pay for the repairs and therefore should be publically made aware of the issue. This did not happen until I posted and Rachel appropriately gave us a complete summary of the problem.
Rachel has given us an excellent response of this Forum for which I am very appreciative of and satisfied. I am confident that moving forward they will keep the public informed on the township website.

Kirk
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

K.A.Pike -
What goes around comes around. Treat me with respect in your posts and I will return the courtesy.

Kirk
K.A. Pike

Post by K.A. Pike »

It seems there are those that don't like to be held accountable for their actions here also. Funny thing when accountability is found staring you in the mirror you don't like what you see. Go back to whatever you're doing and enjoy the place you're at in life.