Kaylyn's Kaleidoscope on WVBI

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

KaylynJ

Kaylyn's Kaleidoscope on WVBI

Post by KaylynJ »

The very first episode of my radio show will premiere Saturday, January 31 at 5 P.M.

The topic will be something we clearly all know and love - Beaver Island. I will discuss the good and the bad, what it's like to grow into an adult here, my school experience and more while throwing in some
Island music for good measure!

So if you enjoy hearing the opinions of others and gaining new insight on a subject, you may like my show. I hope you will listen in and give me your feed back!

All the best
Kaylyn Jones
WVBI

Post by WVBI »

You can hear Kaylyn on www.wvbi.net.

We're all looking forward to her new show!
KaylynJ

Post by KaylynJ »

A re-broadcast of the 1/31/2015 show will be airing this Saturday at 5 PM on www.wvbi.net
Kaylyn Jones
megsing3

Post by megsing3 »

So I know about being able to listen on the tune-in app... I have the app downloaded. I'd love to hear this program but I was working both times it was on.

My question is, can I listen when it is not live? Or is there a wvbi podcast?
KaylynJ

Post by KaylynJ »

Hi Meg,

Currently they are only available at the time of the broadcast, but you bring up an interesting suggestion. It might be good to upload them somewhere for people to listen to at their own discussion. I'll look into it!
Kaylyn Jones
WVBI

Post by WVBI »

WVBI volunteers have been busy, working to expand our local news, information, and shows, and doing what's needed to begin broadcasting on FM (raising funds, getting equipment, etc.) in time to meet the FCC deadline.

We're also looking for new show ideas and new ways to communicate with WVBI listeners. Podcasts are a great suggestion, and we will look into it.

In the meantime, everyone who's interested in helping build our Island's community radio station can help by telling us what you'd like to hear and/or when. Send an email to programming@wvbi.net
megsing3

Post by megsing3 »

Great to hear - thank you both!!