Beech Bark Disease

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Campbell60tr34@aol.com

Beech Bark Disease

Post by Campbell60tr34@aol.com »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beech_bark ... d_symptoms This is going to change the face of Beaver Island. In my area here on Donnel Mors Ln. 80 % of the trees are beech with a few maple and iron wood and black cherry mixed in. All of the big beech are dying already and most of the smaller ones are infected. Five years from now BI is not going to look the same and there doesn't seem to be much that can be done. Time to start planting some trees to take their place.
Jim Campbell
JFPowers

Post by JFPowers »

Not to worry Jim, global warming will soon follow and if the Beech are gone it could be the perfect opportunity for the island to be covered with Palm trees and we could become a Caribbean Oasis of the north.

Yes, the boat will run year round bringing more sun soaked visitors, but on the down side the warm seas will likely give rise to more Pirates and the fella over on Whiskey Island may find himself among others of his kind, friend and foe alike!!
Campbell60tr34@aol.com

Beech Bark

Post by Campbell60tr34@aol.com »

BANANAS. I SAID BANANAS!
Jim Campbell
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

I'm working on tropical rum drinks as I write. :D :D :D As far as pirates in my waters, I show no fear. :P :P :P
Skull&CrossBones
John Bolton

Post by John Bolton »

BIP.. " Show no fear"??
If real pirates ever showed in these waters...
you would plainly be a, "No Show..."
If we do not all hang together,
we will all hang separately,
Ben Franklin