Thank you - Library Halloween Party

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

kdunsmore

Thank you - Library Halloween Party

Post by kdunsmore »

â??It was great, great, great, great, GREAT!â?￾ - my sonâ??s description of the Halloween party at the library last night. There were haunted halls of books (lights out and kids with flashlights), lots of food, pin the nose on the pumpkin, piles of leaves in the library, fun movie, costume prizes and unrestrained childrenâ??s glee.

I just want to say a big thank you to all those who put on the party last night â?? Teen Library Advisory board for planning, organizing, decorating, and taking the initiative; PTA for supplying food; Patrick and the library staff for making the space available for something so un-quiet. Patrick, especially, you have made the library a place where my son is comfortable and excited to go.

Sy was so excited when he came home. He loves parties. On a small island it takes many volunteer hands to create fun and unexpected opportunities for kids. Thank you to all those who put in the time and work to make this happen and to parents who sat through the craziness. And thanks, teens, for your vision and work â?? you made a very special night for younger kids.

KaiLonnie Dunsmore (and Mark & Sy Engelsman)
kimn

Post by kimn »

Very well said! Tyler enjoyed it as well! Thank you to all involved!
larissa

Post by larissa »

We had a blast too! The Teen Advisory Board really did an amazing job putting it all together. Special thanks to Emily Jines for taking the lead with planning/organizing!