Someone's junk to clean up

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

DON

Someone's junk to clean up

Post by DON »

My wife and I took a drive through the campgrounds on eastside drive last Sunday and found campsite 18 full of junk left by a long term camper. I hope there is a way to find out who they were and have them pay to clean up the mess. It is obvious they were setteled in for a long time even though the tag say 8/21/14 and paid for 5 days. No name is on the top of the tag. They don't seem to be poor since there is a TV so they had a generator and the whisky bottle and some nice clothing is still there. Seems to have been adults and kids.

I hope in the future there is a way to control this type of miss use of the public grounds.

I don't see a way to post any pictures here so I will post on the Market Place where I can attach pictures.

I just tried and don't see a way to post pictures anyplace. If anyone wants to see them send me a message and an email address.

Don Seelye
Don Seelye
East Side Dr and Charlevoix
medic5740

Send them to me, please

Post by medic5740 »

Diane Sowa

Post by Diane Sowa »

The Township's trusty campground keeper, Glen Lafreniere took care of the mess.
Diane
DON

Post by DON »

I am happy to hear it is cleaned up but I still think the people that left it should be billed for the cleanup. I would guess it was a full pickup load. I would hope the grounds keeper would know who they are.
Don Seelye
East Side Dr and Charlevoix
Kim Connaghan Jones

Post by Kim Connaghan Jones »

I'm guessing with there being a TV and you saying "a full pickup load", it wasn't anyone camping. Sounds to me like someone using the campsite as their own personal dump.