GOT FRUIT FLYS this what you need to do

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Batman

GOT FRUIT FLYS this what you need to do

Post by Batman »

A lot of people have been asking about fruit flys
Fruit flys are a sanitation issue , it means clean and wipe down
Any food residues, empty and sanitize your trash cans and take trash and composting out each day and get returns out of house.
I've heard that they seem to come from the drains well they probly are it mean that your drains have a gelitin slime build up and needs to be cleaned that mean to open drain and take a brush and remove it , drain traps floor drains and shower drains get a buildup over time that need to be cleaned out ! Now people think ill dump bleach down it and that will do it ,well it does not there are enzyme cleaners that do but nothing works Better then taking them apart and brushing them !!
And if you do these thing you still may need to knock them down with a let just say a raid product labled for them which just about any thing kills them , but they breed and rehatch 3 to 7 days so this must be repeted 2 times or more a week but if you clean like I said go the organic route and put out fruit fly traps and hey they will be gone when frost comes

If none of this works call a pro Hogarths pest control
Rahn

Post by Rahn »

Very informative. Thanks!
John Pike

Post by John Pike »

Seems to me that's a lot of work to do to get rid of fruit flies. We use a common household item: a small glass of vinegar does a fantastic job of eliminating those pesky little fruit flies :-)
Batman

Fruit fly control

Post by Batman »

Yep some people don't have much of a problem your lucky and your sanitation is good but a lot of people are not so lucky
Batman

It funny to me

Post by Batman »

How many fruit farms you got in jenson michigan we live in the cherry capital of the world I'll bet your vinegar does a good job down there move up here and then we will see how your vinegar does I just don't think you understand living down there