End of Season Party at Lilly's Hangar

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

PJ Niehaus

End of Season Party at Lilly's Hangar

Post by PJ Niehaus »

Yes....it is true....Friday September 12th...from 6:30 to ? we are hosting another end of season party at Lilly's. We invite all people here on the island...the only thing we ask is that you bring your favorite dish to pass.....from an appetizer to a dessert....

We will provide meat and ice water, lemonade, and coffee along with all paper products. Please bring any other desired drink. Since it is a school night and work day, we ask that you all gather to start eating at 6:30 which will give everyone a chance to go home before coming. We will plan on eating from 6:30 to 7:30 or so...then have some entertainment....OH, YES...the Ragbirds are on their way back to celebrate with us....another end of summer.....so come party with us.

Lilly's is located on Welke's Airport...from King's Hwy take the second dirt road which runs parallel to the east west runway...continue ALL the way east please until the road forks by Stein's hangar and take a right/south still along the two track...turn right as you see the markers and cars. Please even continue past the hangar parking nose to nose on the grass taxi way. We will have a place marked off in front of the hangar for kids to play and people to sit if needed. PLEASE do not park along the entry road which is parallel to the runway...come all the way down and around to Lilly's.

See you there....if questions call 2367 or 2039 Lilly's number
PJ Niehaus
joddy

Post by joddy »

only 5 more days till the rag birds flock to the island!!!! start looking for those dancing shoes!!!!!
PJ Niehaus

End of season party at Lilly's

Post by PJ Niehaus »

From what I see....you will need your dancing shoes, a small flashlight, an extra folding chair tucked in your car, and long underwear.....IT MAY BE a cold night...so no insects!!!!
PJ Niehaus
joddy

Post by joddy »

more powerful then a locamotive, faster then a speeding bullet,able to leap octives in a single bound!!! it's erin and the rag birds coming in just 4 days!!!!!!!!!!!!
joddy

Post by joddy »

food ~~ friends ~~ fine music ~~ what more could you ask for!!! 3 days to go!!!!!
joddy

Post by joddy »

it may have gone from a long spring straight to fall ~~~ but ~~~ it is still the end of a season and i thank paul and liz for having such a wonderful celebration!!! i will fill my stomach with warm food ~ my spirit with wonderful friends ~ and my soul with live music ~ coming from birds (rag birds) that is!!! hope i can see ~you~ there!!!!!! 2 days to go
joddy

Post by joddy »

please ~~ if i may ~~ as i am writing this post, it comes to my awareness that today is 09/11/2014. thirteen years ago was an event that took thousands of innocent lives, along with the innocence of our nation and nations all the world over. an event so catastrophic that it's reverberations and aftermath are still being felt today. so i ask any and all who read this to please take a moment to remember those who have been lost and all of the loved ones left behind, who still struggle to make sense of such a horrific act and pray that they can find love and peace in their hearts again. tomorrow is 9/12, a new day, and a time for islanders to break bread with friends and family, with people you may have seen around but never had the opportunity to greet, even those you may have open disagreements with. let's leave our differences at the door for one night and give thanks for this wonderfully blessed island community, we have the honor to share. let's take this time to enjoy the loving feast, the spirit of community and the soul filling music that paul and liz have provided. THANK YOU LIZ AND PAUL!!!!!! (last post) 1 day to go ~~ hope to see you there!!!! all my love ~ joddy
Treasures

Chairs for Party

Post by Treasures »

Paul, phones were uncooperative last night. We have chairs and tables at Island Treasures Resale Shop. They are available this weekend, but you should stop in this afternoon to decide what you want. I will be home and/or the shop is open noon until 4:00. I will try to call you again.
PJ Niehaus

Hangar Party

Post by PJ Niehaus »

WELL....it must be Michigan....and weather is changing...like every 5 minutes..

IF you are to believe the weatherman....it will be raining and cold by the time we are ready to eat at the party.....SO please bring any extra folding chairs, outside plastic chairs etc. that you would be comfortable eating in...and then after dinner we will take down tables and squeeze everyone inside to enjoy the music and stay out of the rain....and keep warm...

Sound like a plan??? Let's stay flexible and see what happens...it will be fun no matter what...we have the best cooks on this island and great talent and the Ragbirds will help us raise our spirits!!!!

Appetizers at 6 and dinner at 6:30...or whenever you can get there.
PJ Niehaus
lindawearn

Post by lindawearn »

Thank you Liz and Paul for the great evening at Lily's Pad. The array of food was wonderful (loved the dessert table). Visiting with friends, making new acquaintances and of course the fantastic music of the Ragbirds made it a memorable night.

Linda Wearn
Treasures

Post by Treasures »

Thank you Liz and Paul,

Donna and I had a great time along with great food and great conversations. It was our first time to the party and I guessing' it won't
be the last. The way of the Island was evident there last night.

Jim and Donna Stambaugh
PJ Niehaus

End of the Season Party at Lilly's Pad

Post by PJ Niehaus »

Just a quick thank you to all who came to Lilly's Pad last evening. What great food, conversation, and music!!! A special thank you to Joddy Crosswhite, Jeff Powers, Del and Janet Burton, Paul and Angel Welke, Beaver Island Fire Auxiliary, Beaver Island Music Festival, and of course the Ragbirds who always live their music!!!

If by chance you left a serving piece, please simply enter by the big hangar door and you will find a small table immediately inside upon which are some items or call us at 2367 or 2390.

Thank you again....let's do it again!!
PJ Niehaus