SLOW Internet on Island

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Beaver Island Jewelry

SLOW Internet on Island

Post by Beaver Island Jewelry »

Anybody else here getting tired of very slow internet?? I don't know what can be done about it but I have contacted TDS. They have a phone number: 1-866-571-6662 or a contact us form for "problems with service." I did the form and they called me - said they "were working on the problem."

I believe if more people would contact TDS maybe they would get us a larger bandwidth for the island or whatever is required. It is ridiculous to have such poor internet service.

Any suggestions?

Nancy
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

All is working fine over here on Whiskey. :-) Of course TDS is over here twice a week boosting my system. It's part of my government service. :? I am hunkered down in my bunker electronically spying on the Russian hackers who now have your passwords. :x You may not know this but I can see Russia from my deck. :roll: :wink:
Skull&CrossBones
medic5740

Poor service

Post by medic5740 »

I also called them, filled out their form, etc. They admitted that they have a volume problem here and that they know about the problem. No apology, no credits against my bill, just and adminission of overselling the bandwidth.

Joe Moore
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

I might be sucking some of the bandwidth with my spy operation. :cry: I'll contact Secretary Kerry tomorrow to see if I might cut back a bit. :idea:
Skull&CrossBones