Beaver Island Christmas Story Going National

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Chamber of Commerce

Beaver Island Christmas Story Going National

Post by Chamber of Commerce »

It is just starting. The story that ran in NorthernIslander as "The People Who Saved Christmas" by Elaine West, is attracting national interest. Today 2-15 it is the front page feature on www.upmag.com click "Great Lakes States." They are running it titled "Beaver Island Christmas Angles." :D

Elaine West has won state wide Michigan Press Assoc awards for her work. This heart warming Beaver Island story will likely be published in a national magazine in the fall.
Mike Green

Post by Mike Green »

I guess I missed someting becuuse I don't want to buy this domain. Either the post was a little to early or late not sure
Kevin Green

.net vs .com

Post by Kevin Green »

Here is the link to the story:

http://www.upmag.net/default.asp?source ... e=.net[url][/url]
Jeff

Post by Jeff »

Congrats!
Kathleen Dvoracek

Post by Kathleen Dvoracek »

Nice story. Loved the picture! Sorry Mike, they got you mixed up with your brother again! Don't you love it when that happens.
Sean

Post by Sean »

Great story. That is something that would only happen on the island. Never will see a post office open after hours or on a holiday on the mainland.
Sean McDonough

Kevin Green

Post by Kevin Green »

As much as I need the good PR (it's been a while since anyone has called me an Angel), I must admit to being 800 miles away from BI at the time.

It sounded like fun, wish I did make the trip.