Beaver Island Vintage Vehicle Show. August 10th

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

John Bolton

Beaver Island Vintage Vehicle Show. August 10th

Post by John Bolton »

THIRD ANNUAL B.I. VINTAGE VEHICLE SHOW
Once again we will all be able to dust off our collectable collage of Transportation Toys we have stuck away here and there on Beaver Island.
Be it cars, trucks, Jeeps, wagons(horse, Li'll Red or station), motorcycles, tractors, boats, bicycles, snow machines, canoes, carriages, (both horse drawn and baby) Have I forgotten anything?. Bring 'em down!

The third annual B.I. Vintage Vehicle Show will be held at the Point, in front of the St. James Township Hall on Sunday, August 10th. 1P.M.
The last two events were great fun and vintage vehicles, from boats to bicycles seem to come out of every barn and garage on Beaver Island. This show is not about perfection. It is about FUN. No contests, no prizes, no judges... just fun.
A work in progress? Is it only half finished? Great, then let's see it!!
Past years, there was a finned 1950's fiberglass runabout, a 1940's Swedish bicycle, a couple of antique baby carriages, a Corvette, Caddy's, Harleys, a few nice European sports cars, Ford Model A's, wood canoes, ....who can forget Phil Becker crankin' up his vintage Suzuki snow machine for the crowd?
And, of course, the proud Charlie Martin chugging down the road, leading the Parade....to the Pub..

What is vintage? Well, if you think it is cool enough to show your pride and joy to your island neighbors and friends.. then it qualifies!
So, throw a few quarters in the car wash, take a couple hours from your I'm just oh, so busy, Sunday island schedule and let's have a great turn out.
Your support and participation is needed and appreciated.
If you do not take the time to make it a success, who will?

Gathering at 12:30 pm (please be prompt)
Show starts at 1 pm..
...and the now, World Famous, Vintage Vehicle Parade around the town..
Starts at 2:30 pm
questions?
Contact Dickie McEvoy, as he is the Grand Poohbah for the event
If we do not all hang together,
we will all hang separately,
Ben Franklin
PhilBecker

Post by PhilBecker »

You said it, John! This year I'm bringing a recent cottage garage find..., maybe two!!

It's always great to see the variety of old iron that made it's way here to survive the rest of it's life on the island. Anybody got an old stationary engine to display? Anything goes, or anything that goes!
Chamber of Commerce

Post by Chamber of Commerce »

A great fun event with potential to get bigger! :D
Chamber of Commerce
www.BeaverIsland.org
Chamber@BeaverIsland.org
(231) 448-2505
PhilBecker

Re: Beaver Island Vintage Vehicle Show. August 10th

Post by PhilBecker »

John Bolton wrote: questions?
Contact Dickie McEvoy, as he is the Grand Poohbah for the event
Dick's phone number here on the island is 448-2799.
Chamber of Commerce

Post by Chamber of Commerce »

GREAT SHOW!

Photo here: www.facebook.com/beaverisland

:D
Chamber of Commerce
www.BeaverIsland.org
Chamber@BeaverIsland.org
(231) 448-2505
PhilBecker

Post by PhilBecker »

BUMP!!

Tomorrow is the day of the show, so come prepared to see some really neat old island vehicles. See you all there! \:D/
Sharolyn

fun time

Post by Sharolyn »

Thanks for putting this together again this year. It was fun to see everyone that made their way down to the point to share all of the unique and vintage vehicles/boats/snowmobiles.
Sharolyn Hunter
PhilBecker

Post by PhilBecker »

Thanks Sharolyn! It's an easy show to put on after 3 years of doing it, everything just kinda clicks. Was great to have you and Doug there with your unique boat and Caddy, very cool vehicles. On behalf of the organizers thanks to all who came, either to show or to view.

I heard from Andy Kohls that the Animal Fund took in just short of $100 in donations. They were very much appreciative of all the support from everyone who attended the show!

See you all next year...