Hi, new member

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

kev

Hi, new member

Post by kev »

Hi, my name is Kev and I am from the UK, my grandparents were from Aranmore Island which I have visited a few times now, I came across your site via a link on the Aranmore site, I am interested in anything connected with Aranmore and think your site is really interesting, to think there could be a connection to my family here is facinating :D
Linda

Arranmore connections

Post by Linda »

What are some of your family's Arranmore surnames? There will be a group of Beaver Islanders visiting Arranmore April1-4, 2006. If it's possible maybe you could get over there at that time and meet us!

Linda Wearn
kev

Post by kev »

my family are the Boyles (upper leabgarrow) I have two cousins still living on the island, Gracie and Deliah, my grandparents are buried on Aranmore :D
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Kev, There is a large group going back soon as you must have viewed on this forum. Also check out www.beaverislandrealty.com/ireland Rich Gillespie
kev

Post by kev »

April is a busy time for me due to other commitments, I am planning a trip back to Aranmore later in the year though, its one of those places you miss when you have not been for a while, last time I went I took a group of friends, we travelled on our motorbikes through North Wales to catch the ferry to Ireland then rode across Ireland to Donegal to catch the ferry to Aranmore, my friends fell in love with the island and want to visit again, not sure about doing it in September again it was freezing especialy when we went for a swim :lol: