islanders reunion

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

JohnCull

islanders reunion

Post by JohnCull »

As most of you know we are having a reunion on Beaver Island this summer on July 11th at Holy Cross Hall @ 7pm. We have a real good reunion committee consisting of 7 cousins representing nearly all the old original island families.
This reunion came about because one of my favorite cousins, Pete McCafferty (GOD REST HIS SOLE) spoke to me about carrying on a Sam reunion he and my mother Claire started back in the late 1970's. Pete was the self- proclaimed leader of the Samâ??s (Donlevey). He claimed Aunt Sadie appointed him. We always considered him our leader. My sister Carly was asked by Pete to lead the last Sam Reunion in 1994. We had a great celebration with a nice dance at the hall as we celebrated Christmas in July.
Now its 20 years later and I want to host a family reunion. But I donâ??t want it to be just a Sam reunion. I want everyone to feel welcome. I want all my cousins and friends from the Island there. So I, along with 6 of my favorite cousins are hosting what started as a COUSINS REUNION and now is ISLANDERS REUNION. It is not a Sam reunion, or a Cull reunion or a Boyle reunion. It is for all whose parents, grandparents, great grandparents made this their home and thus gave us our island heritage. We hope to see cousins from all the original island families. So if you consider Beaver Island your home (even if you donâ??t live there) you are welcome.
In the coming days and weeks our committee members will be sharing information about the reunion with you all via facebook
104 days till the ISLANDERS REUNION, hope to see you there.
Hello old friend
Its nice to hear from you