prayers for prescott

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

pam moxham

prayers for prescott

Post by pam moxham »

As an aussie I grew up with bushfires and the threat of them....

At the end of our street -kerang ave - was an entrance to open paddocks and a creek .Horses ran wild -I kid you not.

.It was a general course of action to make a thermos of coffee and pile of sandwiches for the folks fighting fires there ( every summer it seemed &more than once ) or for the even sadder times of looking for lost .. feared drowned.. kids .

Now the creek is straightened & the horses are long gone ..probably the grass is even mown! ...but it wasn't a picnic ..we the nearby households were trying to take care of those trying to take care of us.

Mybrother Steve is a volunteer firefighter and lost friends, his home and almost his family in feb 2009....

It is personal folks...

So my heart breaks as I read of 19 firefighters killed in Arizona firefight.My heart hurts for the 20th person of that 20 man team.Survivor guilt is no piece of cake ..

This hotshot team , as they are known , had friends , family , homes jobs, churches, hobbies, pets , hopes and dreams.Whatever your form /manner of prayer ,please include those of Prescott Arizona ...

thank you firefighters... everywhere