Signs?

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

nancy ferguson

Signs?

Post by nancy ferguson »

Hey, Richie!

Would you know anything about the placement of two campaign signs at the Triple F Ranch (my home) in Charlevoix? I have so far managed to keep Babe the mule from eating the one by the pasture.

Here's a great offer: How about letting me put one in your yard for the remainder of the political season? Just an idea....

Nancy
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Most definitely wasn't me Nancy since I don't even know where you live so someone is pranking you, not my style!
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Incidentally, you have your signs on the island on township property, power company property and so on, that is not appropriate but I was not going to bring it up...........
Shirley Cole

Post by Shirley Cole »

Richie - do you remember that morning when all of your campaign signs ended up in my Aunt Kath's yard on Main Street next to the post office? There is definitely a prankster up there somewhere!!!

And Nancy, if you don't want Richie's signs in your yard in Charlevoix, please send them back to Beaver as I would be both happy and proud to place them in front of my house.

Richie - you know where I live - so "git 'er done" and good luck in the upcoming election!
nancy ferguson

thanks

Post by nancy ferguson »

Richie,

Thanks for letting me know.

Nancy
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Richie:
I've got your sign up here on Whiskey Island.

Nancy:
A personal phone call or e-mail to Richie could have accomplished the same result without the need for a public accusation.

Skull&CrossBones
JFPowers

Post by JFPowers »

Pirate,

Just wondering if any campaign notes in Bottles from either the Romney or Obama campaign have found your shores, it could be a close election and even one vote could make the difference?
BI Pirate

Post by BI Pirate »

Doc, Funny you should mention it, no notes in bottles but the other night there was a glow in the sky and as it got closer to Whiskey I put my spyglass on it. It was a hot air balloon with Romney written all over it. As it passed over the island, someone was throwing out life rings with Obama written on them. I'm good at reading the stars, Seven Sisters and Orion, but I have no idea how to read the outcome of this coming election.
Keep in mind that I voted for Dewey and thought he would beat Truman by a landslide.

Skull&CrossBones
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Nancy, I was curious if you were going to do the polite thing and return those signs, you must know they cost a few bucks!! Thank you!
Terry Frysinger

Post by Terry Frysinger »

Rich, its nice of you not to prosecute this lady for sign theft. If she returns the stolen property you can put one of the signs on my property. You'll be the only Republican I ever let do that and it will confuse people to see it next to my Obama sign.
nancy ferguson

return of signs

Post by nancy ferguson »

Richie,

The signs were returned to Haggard Plumbing & Heating (John Haggard, the owner, is, I believe, the Chair of Republican Party in Charlevoix) the day after you let me know that someone was probably "pranking" me. I agree, signs costs money, and I would never keep someone from using their

Nancy
nancy ferguson

Post by nancy ferguson »

My last word "signs." was left off my message.

Nancy
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

Thank you!