Live Streaming Video of Soccer Tournament

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

medic5740

Live Streaming Video of Soccer Tournament

Post by medic5740 »

This Saturday, October 20, 2012, is the Northern Lights League Soccer Tournament on Beaver Island. The plan is to live stream the entire tournament from outside on the soccer field.

You can view this live streaming video at:

http://beaverisland.tv

The sponsors of this event are the Beaver Island Sports Boosters, the Kevin Boyle family, and StillPoint Photography. Thank you sponsors for your support!

BINN is still looking for additional sponsors. Contact the editor of BI News on the 'Net by email at medic5740@gmail.com
medic5740

Historical thoughts

Post by medic5740 »

It's been many years since Bob and Lil McGlocklin allow Beaver Island Community School to measure out, mark out with white spray paint, and organize a soccer tournament on Beaver Island. It's been many years since Kitty McNamara was the coach and a driving force to put on a soccer tournament right here on Beaver Island.

As I contemplate live streaming the video of this tournament, I envision all the wet soccer socks draped near the woodstove on the porch of the Circle M with many pairs of soccer shoes sitting around the same woodstove drying from the nasty wet and snowy day of one of the early soccer tournaments. Hot chocolate and snacks provided by the community for many of our visiting teams sat around tables, the room completely filled with wet soccer players laughing and joking and enjoying the opportunity to compete.

Thank you, Kitty, for the beginnings of sports programs that evolved into the Northern Lights League. Thank you to Bob and Lil for their help in getting this started. Thank you, Beaver Island, for your wonderful support throughout the many years of Beaver Island sports!

What a wonderful sports history! I am so glad that I can be a part of this Northern Lights League Tournament by allowing parents in Grand Marais, Paradise, and in other places watch their children play in this soccer tournament on Beaver Island.