Live Streaming from Mackinac Island

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

medic5740

Live Streaming from Mackinac Island

Post by medic5740 »

Beaver Island News on the 'Net editor Joe Moore will be heading over to Mackinac Island this weekend to live stream the volleyball matches and games. Anyone in the world can view these games at http://beaverisland.tv We hope you are interested enough to connect and to see the volleyball games.

There will also be an attempt to do the streaming for soccer, but the location of the soccer field in relation to Internet access is not know at this time. BINN would be happy to include a couple of sponsors for this weekend in case anyone is interested. Thank you to the only sponsor so far--the Beaver Island Sports Boosters.

http://beaverisland.tv
Deborah452

Post by Deborah452 »

Joe, this is awesome. Are you going to be live streaming any other events from Beaver Island?
medic5740

Live Streaming of events

Post by medic5740 »

Would you email me any suggestions? I am always open to suggestions.

So far the events that were live streamed were the 4th of July Parade, a couple Peaine Township Board meetings, a Freedom of Information and Open Meetings Act presentation, the BI Association presentation at the Community Center, and volleyball and soccer games here on the Island.

There may be a few that I haven't mentioned, but send me your ideas.

Joe
medic5740

Trip to Mackinac Island

Post by medic5740 »

Due to circumstances beyond our control, Beaver-Island NewsontheNet is not able to travel to Mackinac Island to live stream the volleyball games as previously announced and as stated on the digital sign at the school. BINN is sorry. We were so looking forward to provide a showcase to the Mackinac Island School, and to suggest that other schools consider trying to do the live streaming of their sports events.

Again, we are sorry!