Document Left at Welke Airport Terminal

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Paul Welke

Document Left at Welke Airport Terminal

Post by Paul Welke »

Last week I found a document entitled "Beaver Island Fact Check" at the terminal at Welke Airport. I found it September 25th. It is dated September 28, 2012 and it is labeled Volume 1, Issue 1; published by "Islanders for an Open and Responsible Government." According to the document this group is a Political Action Committee. There are no names listed as to who is part of this political action committee so I could not contact them directly to return this document.

I have not posted about this lost document yet as I was waiting to see if it was claimed.

If you would like your document back, please contact me at home (2374).

Paul Welke
Richards

Post by Richards »

Interesting,

Just looked up "Responsible Government" on Wikipedia and found quite a history:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Responsible_government

Thought I would share :)
Sheri Richards
Richards

Post by Richards »

Hey Ken!

I am not very knowledgeable on political things. Just wondering if the "Islanders for an Open and Responsible Government" title linked with this Political Action Committee has anything to do with the historical setup for Responsible Government?

BTW, I would never be up in arms about any political party happening or gathering. I am sad to say, I feel us common folk have little effect on what happens in the country around us. So, just curious, I would love to know what the drive would be behind this kind of party?

Best,
Sheri
IslandersPAC

Post by IslandersPAC »

Sheri. Thanks for taking an interest in our organization. My emphasis, as seen on my two previous postings on the forum under Islanderspac, was the registration deadlines and also where to view and print off the ballot for St. James and Peaine townships. The ballot gets packed with many races and proposals that really makes it necessary to go into the voting both with advance knowledge of what is on the ballot and how you as an individual will vote. I will post reminders periodically and other information such as October 9th is the last day to register. That means if you have moved from one township to another you will need to re-register with the clerk of that township.

Ken Taylor
Islanders For An Open and Responsible Government
Box 261
Beaver Island, MI 49782
Richards

Post by Richards »

Thank you for this information Ken.

I agree it helps to be well informed when going to the voting booth.
Thank you for this service!

Sheri
Yours truly.