Claire Cull RIP

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Marie LaFreniere

Claire Cull RIP

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

Claire past away last night in Bay City....we've lost one of the Island's best.

Visitation will be at the Cull house on Sunday and the funeral will be at Holy Cross Church at 11:00 a.m. on Monday.

More information will be posted as it becomes available.
Shirley Cole

Post by Shirley Cole »

Our deepest sympathies to the entire Cull clan. Claire was a real special lady to all of us. She taught us how to play Rummikub, but never told us how it was she was always able to win. We enjoyed chai lattes together at least once a summer for years, and being with her always made me feel closer to my own grandmother (Mary Tom) because she would always share a story or two about "the old lady up the hill." Even our girls came to call her "Gramma Claire", so for them, it's like they've lost another Gramma too soon after my own mom's passing. I will confess that we had plans to polka dot Claire's house on the harbor so that the next visit those capering kids of hers made would be met with a great surprise as they came in on the boat! The only reason we refrained was because of our temporary truce, but in a way, I'm sorry now that we didn't follow through as I'm sure Claire would have been smiling down as everyone tried to figure out what to do about the polka dots all over the house before her wake. We'll greatly miss the "old lady down the hill" and send our love & prayers to all! ~Shirley, Paul, Micaela, Mackenzie, & Marlaina xoxo
Marie LaFreniere

Here is a link to Claire's obituary and a beautiful picture of her.

http://www.gephartfuneralhome.com/fh/ob ... h_id=12447
Marie LaFreniere

Visitation today at the Cull house from 3:00 to 6:00 P.M. with the Rosary at 6:30 P.M.
Marie LaFreniere

The Rosary is at 6:00.