Broder Book Almost Sold Out - Great Christmas Gift

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Chamber of Commerce

Broder Book Almost Sold Out - Great Christmas Gift

Post by Chamber of Commerce »

Broder Book Almost Sold Out

The note below has been provided to select members of the national press. The goal is to sell out the book by Election Day. Islanders wishing to purchase a book should do so right away. Some inventory remains at McDonoughâ??s Market and the Rural Health Center. Also check with Daddy Franks, Community Center, Boat Co, Island Airways & Fresh Air Aviation. The book makes a great Christmas gift. :D

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

My name is Matt Broder. I'm one of David Broder's sons, and I'm writing to let you know about a wonderful project involving a special set of the opinion pieces he wrote for The Washington Post.

As you may know, he vacationed on Beaver Island in northern Lake Michigan most summers, and from there penned a series of lighthearted columns that connected the events on that remote Island to the larger national issues of the day. He wrote his first Beaver Island column in 1970, and his last in 2010.

My brothers and I compiled all 33 of these columns into a single volume, The Beaver Island Columns, which we self-published this summer, combining David's written pieces with beautiful photographs of Beaver Island contributed by the community.

Please note this is not a profit-making venture. In recognition of our father's love of the Island and its residents, the family underwrote all of the production costs for the book. 100% of the proceeds from sales go directly to the Beaver Island Rural Health Center, a nonprofit that provides front-line medical services to this remote community.

You'll find more details about this project, including how to purchase the book, in the attached press release (also pasted below). We would be thrilled if you would let your readers, listeners and viewers know that they can purchase and enjoy this keepsake, and support an important community institution at the same time. I should mention that quantities are limited -- fewer than 300 copies remain.

I have attached a digital copy of the book's cover, which you are free to use to illustrate any blog post you may write about this. Also, for your Twitter feed, this link will take your followers to a copy of the press release posted on the BIRHC website: http://bit.ly/OXeNnt.

If you have any questions, please let me know. Thank you in advance for your help in publicizing this tribute to our father and the community he loved.

Matt Broder

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Chamber of Commerce
www.BeaverIsland.org
Chamber@BeaverIsland.org
(231) 448-2505
Chamber of Commerce

http://www.birhc.org/news.html Here is the Health Center book web page.

You can order a book by phone / credit card. They are $25 each or 5 for $100. Great gift idea! :idea:

Beaver Island Rural Health
231-448-2275
donna@birhc.org

:D
Chamber of Commerce
www.BeaverIsland.org
Chamber@BeaverIsland.org
(231) 448-2505
Chamber of Commerce

Jack ShaferVerified ‏@jackshafer

David Broder's "Beaver Island" vacation columns, which I made a career out of ridiculing, are now available as a book. http://bit.ly/PeohuD
â?¢ Reply
â?¢ RetweetedRetweet
â?¢ Delete
â?¢ FavoritedFavorite

:D A Tweet from inside the beltway.
Chamber of Commerce
www.BeaverIsland.org
Chamber@BeaverIsland.org
(231) 448-2505