Beads of Courage Challenge - Thursday

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Beaver Island Jewelry

Beads of Courage Challenge - Thursday

Post by Beaver Island Jewelry »

Beads of Courage (www.beadsofcourage.org) is an organization that provides arts in medicine programs for children coping with serious illness. The children receive beads for coping with various operations and procedures. It helps them record, tell and own their story of courage.

This THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 13TH I will hosting a Beads of Courage day at my studio here on Beaver Island (32040 E. Side Dr/"Serenity Now") from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. I will be torching hot glass into colorful beads to donate to this cause.

You are invited to stop by and see how glass beads are made and if possible make a donation to this worthy cause. You can also sponsor a bead for a child in treatment ($5) or make a donation to this 501(c)(3) organization.

If you cannot stop by on Thursday, you can always sponsor a bead or make a donation!

I am part of the Greater Detroit Artists who are torching on September 15th; but my open house/torching day will be Thursday, September 13th.

Please come visit! :D

Nancy Peterson/448-2205
Beaver Island Jewelry

Thursday - Beads of Courage - Open Studio

If you are interested in seeing glass beads torched please stop by my studio on Thursday from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. I will be torching beads for the Beads of Courage program (beads for seriously ill children so they can tell their story and own their story).

You can also "sponsor" a bead ($5) that will be given to this national program.

And did I mention there are cookies involved in the Open Studio??

Nancy
Beaver Island Jewelry

TODAY is my Open Studio. See live demonstration of torching (lampworking) for Beads of Courage challenge.

10 a.m. to 2 p.m.

Nancy
medic5740

Interview and Beads of Courage explanation

Post by medic5740 »

A trip out to the residence and workshop was wonderful. The following video was posted on Beaver Island News on the 'Net today, September 13, 2012. Great job and thanks for sharing the information!

http://public.streamhoster.com/resource ... ue&pmiuri=
Beaver Island Jewelry

Thank you everybody who came by today to support the Beads of courage program! And thank you to those of you who sponsored a bead.

It was fun to share who torching beads works!

Nancy
Beaver Island Jewelry

By the way, if you still want to sponsor a bead ($5) you can do so through the weekend. I probably won't send everything to the Beads of Courage office until Monday.

Just give me a call at 2205. I am even bringing some beads to town on Saturday so someone can find the ones they want to sponsor. The children love these beads for telling their story of illness and hopefully recovery.