Air Ambulance Update

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Sheri Timsak

Post by Sheri Timsak »

Bravo Mike!
Trish Scott

Post by Trish Scott »

The uninformed negativity is tiresome.
treehugger

Post by treehugger »

How about concentrating on the message and not the messenger. Whatever is being said on this thread is fact. Go to the meeting Thursday night and get educated and worry less about the messenger. Jeff and Richie will take care of sifting out what is not true.
Trish Scott

Post by Trish Scott »

Sorry...can't take anonymous comments seriously. So there! Lol!
kathemeade

Post by kathemeade »

If you do not have the guts to use your own name and take ownership in what you have to say learn to keep it out...and grow up. We all left Middle School YEARS ago. :-)

We are adults, we don't need Richie and Jeff to police us...come on, get real! Not sure why using your REAL name is so hard!!! And yes, I agree with Mike, Sheri and Trish... :lol:

Don't use the tactic I don't have to read it. There are so many positive post here and many great sources of news and information about Beaver Island. There are times when we can not "Filter" out the junk because we are following a thread.

So with that said, GOOD JOB Welke's. Thank you for your efforts in keeping us all safer!

Kathe Meade
Owner of a small piece of paradise!

With freedom of speech comes responsibility!
medic5740

EMS Lists progress of negotiations

Post by medic5740 »

The following list was provided to Beaver Island News on the 'Net by BIEMS. The list provides the progress of negotiations from their point of view.

http://beaverislandnews.com/2012%20July ... %20EMS.pdf
Trish Scott

Post by Trish Scott »

Thanks Joe.

Does a list of items that must be completed with a proposed timeline exist?
MR

Post by MR »

Thanks for posting the information, Joe!

Miranda
treehugger

Post by treehugger »

Joint township meeting last Thursday discussing the Air Ambulance situation. I did not see Mike, Trish, Sheri, Kathe or Taylor there. Lots of commenting on the forum, but you should take more interest and attend important meetings.
medic5740

Point of Information

Post by medic5740 »

The joint township meeting was streamed live on the Internet. The meeting was taped and is available on Beaver Island News on the 'Net. The meeting went very well with an agreement in principle completed in a very short meeting.

The license application has been sent to the Michigan Department of Community Health, EMS Division. The vehicle and its equipment must be inspected by MDCH's representative. When that paperwork is submitted the licensing process will be completed.

The island will then have an FAA approved and certified air ambulance that is State of Michigan licensed as an air transport vehicle. The air transport licensee will be Beaver Island EMS.

Congratulations to Island Airways, the committee staffed by the two townships, and BIEMS for an excellent job of working together to help get this done.
MR

Post by MR »

treehugger--Trish was there!
kathemeade

Post by kathemeade »

TreeHugger...so you know me, but I don't know you? I could not say hello to you since you choose not to use your real name...I am not blessed to be on the Island full time. Maybe some know who you are but I sure don't. Since you are so sure I did not attend, we must know eachother...so how about in the future you use your real name when you talk about me.

Thanks!