Spring Town Trek for the â??99% and Food Pantry, Sat. 5/19

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Charlie D

Spring Town Trek for the â??99% and Food Pantry, Sat. 5/19

Post by Charlie D »

Join us for a walk in support of opportunity for the 99% and to benefit the Beaver Island Food Pantry on Saturday, May 19 from 2:00 to 4:00 p.m. We had planned the walk for the second Saturday in January, but when the temperature dipped to zero, we recognized our desire to have the event soon had overwhelmed our good sense. This time, we promise, sunny and seventy. Weâ??ll start out at the Community Center and walk out to Whiskey Point and back. Refreshments and JoAnneâ??s Internationally Famous Cookies at BICC afterwards.

Nathan Ayers

Post by Nathan Ayers »

Might this be a solution to the problems your group wishes to address?

http://www.smartplanet.com/blog/cities/ ... orest/2135

local jobs, food for the pantry, Less dependence on foreign oil and multi national corporations by sourcing food/goods from home rather than afar.
MR

Post by MR »

To clear up some confusion, I need to explain that Beaver Island Food Pantry does not, as an organization, claim to share the same political beliefs.

We do, however, appreciate the support from the island and the amount raised from this benefit--thank you for thinking of us!

Miranda Rooy
PhilBecker

Post by PhilBecker »

Good luck with the walk today, I hope there is good participation.

I work 8:30 to 5 today, or I would join you...