Looking for extended summer rental (2-4 months)

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

kdunsmore

Looking for extended summer rental (2-4 months)

Post by kdunsmore »

I hope it's okay to post this query to this forum.

My husband, son (age 4), and I would love to find an "affordable" rental for 2-4 months this summer between end of May - early September. If there was a week or two in the middle that we needed to leave to let someone else in, we'd go visit relatives but we don't want to keep moving around.

We started checking on rentals before Christmas and couldn't find any that had extended periods available and willing to provide a monthly rates. Had about given up until my son started playing Beaver Island last week in the living room and then someone on the Island suggested we post to this forum. My son used all his buildings to recreate the island (library, toy store, Daddy Franks, laundromat, beach, etc.). He's hoping you've built a train line on the island by this summer as that would make it really fabulous!

We spent the month of August on Beaver Island last summer. Totally loved it. We're not at a place this summer to buy or build but we'd love to spend a big chunk of time up there. I am a teacher and work right now for a literacy foundation that will let me work virtually over the summer. My husband builds furniture so is very handy and teaches scuba diving on the side.

We can provide references. We also have a house in Grand Rapids we'd be willing to trade! We'd even be willing to take an unfurnished place and bring up odds and ends to use it for summer. Any suggestions? Feel free to email me kdunsmore@ballfoundation.org or call my cell: 616-340-0142. Thank you,

KaiLonnie Dunsmore
KaiLonnie Dunsmore
kailonnie.dunsmore@gmail.com