Clarification of Karen Wojan's remarks

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

sbsp

Post by sbsp »

Ken,
Good for you to speak up but get in line for a public apology, they just do not happen on Beaver Island.
Hopefully more people will start to Show up, Stand up, Speak up and Sign up when it comes to public issues.

Kirk D. McBride
Sheri Timsak

Post by Sheri Timsak »

Whatever happened to the days of calling someone on the phone personally and saying to them "do you have something to say to me?" or "are there some questions that were brought up at a meeting that i was not able to attend, that you need answers to?" I am not politically savvy but i would say that these kind of postings just add to other people getting involved, more "stirring of the pot" being done and more bad feelings. You cannot judge a persons tone when it is in writing. Maybe we should try talking face to face more.
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

Sheri, Well said. Karen should have called Ken to talk about the issue and then she would have had the facts and not brought it up publicly at the township meeting. Given that she didn't call Ken to work it out, he certainly has the right to post publicly on the Forum in his defense. Like you say, hopefully Karen will call Ken with the apology and all will end well.
Personally, I believe that Taylors have been extremely generous with donations to the Island. Unfortunately, it is not appreciated as evidenced by personal attacks on Ken's character for his political activism.

Kirk D. McBride
Kim Connaghan Jones

Post by Kim Connaghan Jones »

Seeing the subject and then reading the post, the first thing that came to mind was, how childish. This was something that should have been done in private, not on a public forum.
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

Kim, I couldn't agree more. It's too bad that someone didn't get the facts before making public comment at the township meeting. Hopefully a call to Ken can put this to rest.

Kirk D. McBride
Joey Timsak

Post by Joey Timsak »

The first thing that comes to my mind is the old saying "two wrongs don't make a right". If everything happened as Ken described it, Karen was in the wrong. Or should've called Karen and talked it through with her. I don't think this is the correct venue to express disapproval of someone else. I haven't seen Karen post on here, nor do I know if she has an account. I understand that Ken feels like he was humiliated in public, but it doesn't give him the right to insult someone on here. Please understand these are only my opinions and they are not meant to pick on anyone.
Joey Timsak

Post by Joey Timsak »

*He, not or.
Kim Connaghan Jones

Post by Kim Connaghan Jones »

My point was, how childish it was that this was posted on this forum at all. It should have been handled between the two parties in private. Nice try in attempting to twist my words around.
sbsp

Post by sbsp »

Everyone posting to this thread has had excellent thoughts and a chance to expressed personal opinions in real time, that is the great thing about the Forum, thank you.

Kirk D. McBride
AEW

Post by AEW »

PADDLE FASTER!!!!!!! I HEAR BANJOS!!!!!!!!!!!
AE Wirth
Dick and Amy

Post by Dick and Amy »

Sticks and stones Ken; deal with it. You'll have a coronary. LOL
beaverman

Post by beaverman »

Dick and Amy. I think he is dealing with it in a fine manner. I don't think he is about to have a coronary, although maybe he bought the new EKG machine for the BIRHC just in case. Check out the minutes of the BIRHC last year.:D
Dick and Amy

Post by Dick and Amy »

Beaverman ¡funny! At least it is there in case.
jrunberg

Post by jrunberg »

whos beaverman i sure wish people could use there name