February 29th birthdays

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Liam Shan Ballymore

February 29th birthdays

Post by Liam Shan Ballymore »

Happy Birthday to all leap year babies! Do you know anyone born this day? I have known only one; an older sister of a childhood friend. Jack Lousma, astronaut, from Grand Rapids, and the ex-congressman from MI, Bart Stupak are leapers. Know anybody?
...tis a fine and enviable madness, this delusion that all problems have solutions...and yet the horse may sing
Gillespie

Post by Gillespie »

My cousin Carly (Cull) Bell is 15 today they say! (or 60) Happy Birthday Carly!!
John Bolton

Post by John Bolton »

My mother, Dorothy Ellen Beatty (Bolton) who passed in 2008, would have been "21" years old today.

She visited the island several times, camped, drank beer at the Pubs. She was born and raised in Algonac, her mother and father ran a Blind Pig across from Harsens Island on the St.Clair River back during Prohibition.
She was a real Irish lady. She will be missed by all that knew her and felt her love and devotion.
Her 3 sons will be toasting her "Coming of Age" this evening.
If we do not all hang together,
we will all hang separately,
Ben Franklin
Liam Shan Ballymore

leap year babies

Post by Liam Shan Ballymore »

Well it has been four more years. Does anyone have or is there someone you know that has a birthday today?

Happy Birthday Leapers!
...tis a fine and enviable madness, this delusion that all problems have solutions...and yet the horse may sing
Marie LaFreniere

Post by Marie LaFreniere »

Richie....Carly is "Sweet Sixteen" today. That's 64 but we won't tell anyone! \:D/ \:D/