Valentines for Soldiers

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Connie Boyle

Valentines for Soldiers

Post by Connie Boyle »

The Beaver Island Community School National Honor Society is participating in Valentines for Soldiers. The students in grades PreK-12 are making Valentine cards for the soldiers. If anyone in the community would also like to send cards, items or Valentine gifts to the soldiers, we will collect them and send them to Operation American Soldier. They also will accept donations (checks written to them) for items to include in the boxes.

Cards and items will be collected through Thursday, January 19th. They may be given to any NHS member: seniors Jenna Battle and Olivia Schwartzfisher, junior Marissa Crandall, sophomores Erin Boyle and Olivia Cary, or Connie Boyle, adviser or dropped off at the school office.
pam moxham

cards etc

Post by pam moxham »

connie ,do we just write on the envelope to any serviceperson or will you all address the envelopes?how about on the cards? I love this idea (and val day )& enjoy writing cards and other snail mail...count me in !I started on my great nieces and nephews cards & was wondering NOW who would like one ? lol
Connie Boyle

no need to address envelopes

Post by Connie Boyle »

HI, Pam,
You don't really need to address the envelopes at all. The cards will be included in boxes that will be addressed and sent by Operation American Soldier.