Christmas Bazaar - this Sunday!

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Sue Avery

Christmas Bazaar - this Sunday!

Post by Sue Avery »

Don't forget the Christmas Bazaar will be this Sunday at the Gregg Fellowship Hall from 11am to 2:30pm.

There will be a soup kitchen and 25 cent raffle tickets to support the Food Pantry.

There will also be lots of tables, lots of vendors and something for everyone on your Christmas shopping list.

Hope to see you there!
bibabes+2

Post by bibabes+2 »

There are many of us who are not on Beaver Island and - or not able to attend the bazaar. My question is, has there been any thought given to making local items available online for people to purchase? I know that the Beaver Island Community and Visitor Information Center does a very nice job on promoting auction items online.
Cheryl
sandpiper

Post by sandpiper »

Try www.beaverbeacon.com then click on the heading Directory, then scroll down to Shops and Stores and click on it. I hope that helps.
Rahn

Post by Rahn »

You can also scroll through the Marketplace/Trade Forum. Some of us have links which take you to photos. And many of the Chamber of Commerce members have links through that site.

But I do like the idea of having a site set aside for listing all BI products. Perhaps this could be a project for Laura and the kids in her 21st Century program. Or it could be set up by one of our esteemed retirees.

You know what the retirees say don't you? They say,

"I don't know what I do on Beaver Island, but it takes up all my time!"
Sue Avery

Post by Sue Avery »

A web site for Island Artists is on my list of things to look into this winter....if it gets done or not is another thing!

I do know that Mark sells some of his furs on etsy.com
bibabes+2

Post by bibabes+2 »

Thank you, all great information and suggestions. What about having one super site that displays or has links to others that display and promote locally made crafts unique to Beaver Island? The super site could be on the BI Forum or the BI Community and Visitor Information Center. There are a number of talented people on Beaver Island who could expand their market and sales.
It would also be a great promotion for tourists or visitiors to Beaver Island.
Cheryl