Wine Pairing Dinner

Open Discussion - for our Readers, Islanders, and Web Site Visitors alike. Discussion regarding any and all aspects of Beaver Island are welcome here. Also a place for general Beaver Island conversation and discussion.

Moderator: Gillespie

Ray Cole

Wine Pairing Dinner

Post by Ray Cole »

Friday October 7th the Beaver Island Lodge will host a 6 course food and wine dinner.

1st course
Vanilla scented sweet corn bisque with lump crab salad, served with Herdade Val Calada White from Portugal.

2nd course
Goat cheese raviolis, arugula coulis and romesco sauce, served with Domaine Chazelles White Burgandy from France.

3rd course
Crispy blue gill, meyer lemon puree, chorizo vinaigrette and fresh microgreens, served with Las Perdices Pinot Grigio from Argentina.

4th course
Smoked duck quesadilla, brie cheese, red pepper vinaigrette, lime creme fraische, grilled corn salsa and truffled frisee salad, served with Chateau Couronneau Pierre de Cartier from France.

5th course
Thyme and butter poached hanger steak, smoked cheddar polenta, shitake mushroom and bacon jam, served with Las Perdices Tinamu from Argentina.

6th course
Tarimisu mousse martini, shaved chocolate, fresh berries and homemade ladyfingers, served with Domaine d'Orfeuilles Sparking Vouvray Brut from France.

One seating, 7:30 p.m., reservations required. Come joins us for a great start to the Bite of Beaver weekend.
Ray Cole
bibabes+2

Post by bibabes+2 »

Wow, I am hungry just reading the menu. We were planning to come to Beaver Island for this weekend but two of us decided to volunteer for ArtPrize. We were to work the first 5 days but now they are short of help and want us to extend to this weekend. But so much for that, my question on your dinner is or are:
Do you have to take all 6 courses?
What is the price for the dinner or for each course?
It sounds like a fantastic evening and we are keeping our fingers crossed that we will be up there for the weekend. Either way, I'm wishing you a fun and successful event. 8)
Cheryl
Ray Cole

Post by Ray Cole »

This dinner, and the wine selections, are a package event. All 6 courses and each wine will be presented to each guest. The cheff will explain the food you are tasting and a representative from the wine distributor will explain each wine and how its characteristics pair and enhance the dinner course.
Ray Cole
bibabes+2

Post by bibabes+2 »

This doesn't sound like dinner. It is a totally wonderful evening of culinary gourmet experience with vinology education as additional entertainment.
How creative :!: Is there a price for the dinner or is it a donation for an organization or a cause?
How many reservations will you be accepting?
Cheryl
Ray Cole

Post by Ray Cole »

We have decided that in order to accomodate guests that do not drink, or do not especially care for all types of wine, we will offer a price for the dinner only and one for dinner and wine. We will be happy to review pricing or any specific food requests (allergy issues, ect.) when making your reservation. We are approaching our seating limit for this dinner, thank you all for your interest and encouragement!
Ray Cole
bibabes+2

Post by bibabes+2 »

Thank you for addressing my questions. It seems you have anticipated all possible issues. I too was wondering about the wine issue but then again for me, wine comes in a box you keep in the refrig.
We will know by Thursday if we will be coming for the weekend.
Bon appetit.
Cheryl
bibabes+2

Post by bibabes+2 »

Wishing we were going to be there, have a wonderful dinner.
Cheryl
kathemeade

Post by kathemeade »

Ray, Eric and Dana!!
What a terrific evening! Thank you for bringing this event to Beaver Island. Job well done by all. Food was amazing!! Looking forward to the next event!
Michelle LaFreniere

Post by Michelle LaFreniere »

I have to agree with Kathe! It was an amazing event.. lots of fun, great food, great wine, great people..
What's up next?